Monday 9 May 2016

...Sketching Superstars at Tindalls Art Supplies Store, Ely...



Good old Iron Man from the 1960s...


Returning to Tindalls after lunch, I sketched a few Marvel characters. 

It's great fun, I don't really have a clue what I'm going to draw - just think of  a character and go for it. I give myself five minutes or so from blank page to finished article. 

Even if it's a little bit off, I feel the vitality of the drawing makes up for it. 
Well, that's my excuse...




Wolverine...


I started with the foreground hand and claws and worked my way back from there...


Leader of the Inhumans - BLACK BOLT!

The enigmatic leader of the Inhumans is all about silence - 
until he speaks - and then it's all sonic chaos!

See Fantastic Four Volume 1 #59 for the catastrophic effects in graphic detail...


My table - soon to be covered with superhero sketches...alongside cat cards and calendars.




The 'masked' version of Doctor Strange...

A quick sketch of the one and only 'masked' Dr Strange by Doc Team Supreme - Gene Colan and Tom Palmer with that great exaggerated cloak and collar!



Spidey - doing what a spider can...

OK - this was actually my first sketch - you can see it's a bit wobbly, but you get the general idea. Gotta confront that blank sheet of paper with brave enthusiasm and go for it! Start somewhere...






...Nuff said!




No comments:

Post a Comment