Thursday 31 May 2012

...circular saws...flowers and wizards...

Many thanks to all who took part in this weeks Hilgay Art Group.
Great to see old and new faces - even though we're only into our 2nd meeting.
 
I'm pleased to say we had three still lifes/lives  to choose from this time - or draw all three! (I know I struggled with the circular saw...) as well as additional art and reference books available to work from. 
Unlike our first meeting we didn't need the heaters on this time, and worked with the fire doors open - and it was still pretty hot. 

  
I couldn't help but think that the HAG first meeting reminded me of a library - a lot of concentration and silence. This week with the help of 'The Classical Experience', Norah Jones and the King's of Leon we had a less quiet and more sociable evening - but still plenty of concentration. 
I'll be taking requests... 
Thanks to Vivien and Anne - first for half time oranges, and secondly for bringing a fine art painterly edge to what has 'so far' been a drawing group. 
The more variety the better - I know I've got plenty to learn - I might need to ask Ann for some tips. 

...my circular saw is a little rusty, and so is my sketch...

Look forward to seeing you all on Monday the 11th June. 
Also please let me know if you have any suggestions or themes for the art group. 
For those of you who haven't been able to make it yet - when you're ready - take two hours off and come along and give us a try. 
Keep drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment